MWBa firm goals:
- Enrich the Gainesville and North Central Florida built environment using our brand of client-inspired design
- Promote alternative design; whole building method (healthy, green building), site driven solutions (local identity), design with light, volume and material (experiential space), specific not generic solutions (client-driven)
- Leverage unique project opportunities through relationships with UF-DCP by including professors with relevant experience on design teams and by including top quality student interns (mentoring)
Please have a look at our work!
Stephen Bender, AR94748, LEED AP BD+C, is Principal in Charge at MWBa. Stephen brings together design-minded architecture practice with real world construction experience. Stephen has decades of experience designing and building in Florida. He has performed design phase services as firm owner, lead architectural project manager, designer and owner’s agent. His project resume includes state university system and not-for-profit institutional projects, daycare facilities, commercial and retail buildings, restaurants and food service design. Stephen compliments this expertise in the field of architecture with experience as Preconstruction Manager and Design-Build Coordinator for Mandese White Construction. This combined experience is an invaluable offering for clients. He has been on both sides of the drawings. His preconstruction experience includes entertainment, emergency, retail and restaurant facilities. The Design-Build method of project delivery is becoming more popular among a variety of client types. MWBa is experienced and ready to provide these services. Please see Stephen’s resume for complete details.
MWBa’s strong firm resume is completed by partners Joey Mandese and Joe White, each with 20 years of construction experience. Joey and Joe provide a sound backing to the firm by contributing direct, relevant construction industry knowledge.
This team was directly involved in these challenging and successful projects (Stephen’s role in each project is listed):
- Middleton Burney Wind Retrofit for Putnam County Schools – (CM) Project Manager
- Avmed Office Renovations - (Design-Build), Architect
- NW 74th Place PEMB Industrial Building - (Design-Build), Architect
- Dept. of Military Affairs – Bldg. 2000 & 2001 Renovation (Design-Build), Design-Build Coordinator
- Courthouse Annex Rehabilitation, Citrus County BoCC – CM Services – Preconstruction Manager
- Nassau County Emergency Operations Center (Design-Build), Design-Build Coordinator
- Francesca’s Trattoria (Design-Build), Design-Build Coordinator
- Splitz Family Entertainment, Preconstruction Services, Interior Design
- PizzaVito Corporate Headquarters (Design-Build) – Architect, Preconstruction Services